How do I tell which model iPhone I have?
If you cannot read the text on the back of the iPhone, launch the iOS Settings app and navigate to General > About > Model (or Model Number). Tap once on Model to reveal the model number. Any iPhone using iOS 12.2 or later can see the Model Name under General > About > Model Name.
What does model number on iPhone mean?
The model number of a device begins with a variable first letter representing the source of the device (replacement, engraved, etc.; see below). This is followed by four characters between either “A” and “Z” or “0” and “9” (most commonly only digits).
How do I find out what year my iPhone is?
if you want to know the iPhone manufacturing date, you need to scroll down and check out the “Serial Number.” Your serial number will consist of 12 digit numbers. Each number represents specific information about your iPhone. The fourth character in your iPhone serial number represents the manufacturing date.
How can I tell how big my iPhone is without turning on?
Method 1: iPhone settings menu
- STEP 1: Browse to SETTINGS > GENERAL > ABOUT.
- STEP 2: Scroll down to CAPACITY.
- STEP 1: Browse to SETTINGS > GENERAL > [DEVICE] STORAGE.
- STEP 2: Look toward the top right to find the available and total capacity (for example, 56 GB of 512 GB Used)
How do you find out what iPhone I have without turning it on?
Look in Settings for the model name and number. The simplest method these days is to look in Settings. Open the Settings app, and go to General > About. In the top bank of entries you’ll see Model Name, with iPhone XS or whatever next to it.
What iPhone is the best?
Here are the best iPhones in 2020:
- Best iPhone overall: iPhone 11.
- Best small high-end iPhone: iPhone 11 Pro.
- Best big high-end iPhone: iPhone 11 Pro Max.
- Best budget iPhone: iPhone SE (2020)
- Best big budget iPhone: iPhone XR.
- Best small iPhone for less: iPhone XS.
- Best big iPhone for less: iPhone XS Max.
Is the 6 and 6s the same size?
The iPhone 6s is almost the same size as the iPhone 6—in inches it’s the same height and width, but the 6s is bigger by fractions of a millimeter. The iPhone 6s is deeper, measuring 0.28 inches (7.1 millimeters). That’s 0.01 inches (0.2 mm) thicker than the iPhone 6.
What are the iPhone models in order?
List of iPhones
- iPhone 3G.
- iPhone 3GS.
- iPhone 4.
- iPhone 4S.
- iPhone 5.
- iPhone 5c.
- iPhone 5s.
What does iPhone serial number tell you?
Did you know that your iPhone’s serial number says a lot about your device? It isn’t just a random string of digits. It reveals the factory in which your device was built, the year it was manufactured, its unique identifier, and more. Here’s how to decode your iPhone’s serial number.
What is this phone model?
The easiest way to check your phone’s model name and number is to use the phone itself. Go to the Settings or Options menu, scroll to the bottom of the list, and check ‘About phone’, ‘About device’ or similar. The device name and model number should be listed.
Is iPhone a status symbol?
According to the findings of a new research paper from the National Bureau of Economic Research, owning an Apple iPhone is a status symbol. In their research, Marianne Bertrand and Emir Kamenica found that no individual brand suggests belonging to ‘high-income’ group as owning Apple’s iPhone smartphone.
How long does an iPhone Last?
four years and three months
How do I know how many GB my iPhone has?
How to Find Out How Many GB My iPhone Is?
- Tap the “Settings” icon on iPhone’s home screen to navigate to the device’s settings menu.
- Tap “General” and then tap “About” to navigate to a screen that displays information about your iPhone 5. View the total storage size of your iPhone in the Capacity section of the screen.