How do I delete documents and data from iPhone?
To delete Safari documents and data:
- On your iPhone, tap Settings and go to General > iPhone Storage > Safari.
- Tap “Website Data”, then “Remove All Website Data”.
- To confirm the removal, tap “Remove Now”.
Why is documents and data so large on my iPhone?
When you check the storage on iPhone 6 or other iOS devices by going to “Settings > General > Storage > Manage Storage”, you may find some large apps. And if you continually tap into one of these apps, you may find the huge “Documents & Data” items are the culprits eating the limited room on your device.
What things take up storage on iPhone?
7 tricks to free up space on your iPhone
- Stop storing texts forever. By default, your iPhone stores all of the text messages you send and receive… …
- Don’t double-save photos. …
- Stop the Photo Stream. …
- Clear your browser cache. …
- Delete downloaded music. …
- Delete downloaded podcasts. …
- Delete your reading list.
Can I store documents on my iPhone?
This wikiHow teaches you how to save and view documents on your iPhone using iCloud Drive, Google Drive, and Microsoft OneDrive. These cloud storage services let you store documents securely in the cloud and pushes them to your iPhone for offline reading.
What happens if I delete documents and data on iPhone?
Deleting apps from your iPhone will remove the app’s documents and data, so you’ll free up more space, but you’ll also lose the data stored on the app. As such, you should only delete apps that you’re unlikely to need data from in the future.
Why is iPhone storage full when I have iCloud?
iCloud is a syncing/mirroring service that syncs all of your data across of your devices making them available to you. If your iPhone storage is full, you will have to remove data. You can also use the ‘Optimize Phone Storage’ feature to reduce the resolution/quality of the photos on the device.
Why is iPhone other storage so high?
The “Other” category on your iPhone and iPad is basically where all of your caches, settings preferences, saved messages, voice memos, and… well, other data is stored. For the most part, it doesn’t mean anything, and if you have plenty of storage space on your iPhone or iPad, you don’t have to worry about it.
What should I delete when my phone storage is full?
For a lot of people, the best plan is to start with photos and videos, and then move on to downloads and apps.
- Back Up to the Cloud. …
- Move your files to an SD card. …
- Optimize your photos. …
- Clear your cache. …
- Delete old files. …
- Pare down your apps.
How do I increase storage space on my iPhone?
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Manage Storage or iCloud Storage.
- Tap Buy More Storage or Change Storage Plan.
- Choose a plan.
- Tap Buy and follow the onscreen instructions.
When you save to files on iPhone Where does it go?
- If you tap “Save Image,” the photo will be stored in your Photos app, and you can find it in your Photo library.
- If you tap “Save to Files,” you’ll be asked to choose a destination. You can pick a folder to store it in on iCloud, in your iPhone’s set of folders, or in a folder like Dropbox, if you use that app.
Where are files on my iPhone?
You’ll find the Files app on the second home screen, by default.
- Tap the Files icon to open the app.
- On the Browse screen: …
- Once in a source, you may tap files to open or preview them, and you may tap folders to open them and view their contents.