How do you unlock a disabled iPhone?
How to unlock a disabled iPhone using a computer
- On your computer, start iTunes and connect your iPhone using a USB cable.
- Start your iPhone’s recover mode. …
- On your computer, click “Restore.” …
- After this process completes, your iPhone will be reset to its factory conditions.
What does it mean for an iPhone to be disabled?
The dreaded “iPhone is disabled” message pops up specifically when you or someone else has entered the wrong passcode to your device more than six times. Even if you tap in the right combination on your seventh try, too bad. You are locked out, though maybe only for a minute or so.
Why does my Apple account say it’s disabled?
If you or someone else enters your password, security questions, or other account information incorrectly too many times, your Apple ID automatically locks to protect your security and you can’t sign in to any Apple services.
How do you unlock an iPhone if you forgot your passcode and not synced to iTunes?
Step 2 – Reset your passcode with recovery mode
- If you’ve never synced with iTunes or set up Find My iPhone in iCloud, recovery mode is your only option for restoring your device – a feat that will erase the device and its passcode. …
- When your device is connected, force restart it.
Why does my iPhone say disabled for 1 hour?
Why is my iPhone disabled? An iPhone will disable for 1 minute after six failed passcode attempts in a row. The seventh incorrect passcode attempt will lock you out for 5 minutes, the eighth attempt for 15, and the tenth for an hour.
How do you reset a disabled iPhone without a computer or iTunes?
Reset or unlock disabled iPhone without iTunes via iCloud
- From another device, go to icloud.com.
- If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Click All Devices at the top of your browser window.
- Select the device you want to erase.
How do I reset a disabled iPhone?
Use Recovery Mode to Reset Your Disabled iPhone or iPad
- Close iTunes on your computer, then connect your device to your computer with a USB cable.
- If it doesn’t automatically open, launch iTunes.
- Now it’s time to force restart your iPhone:
Can you restore an iPhone without using a computer?
If you can’t access a computer and your device still works, you can erase and restore your device without a computer. If you want to save the information on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod, make a backup. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud, tap Find My iPhone, then turn it off.
How do you bypass a disabled Apple ID?
How to unlock a disabled Apple ID
- Head to iforgot.apple.com.
- Enter your Apple ID email.
- Follow along with the prompts to unlock your account.
- If you’re not successful, you can call Apple support at 800-APL-CARE (800-275-2273) or chat with an Apple specialist.