Should I set up as new iPhone or restore from backup?
Don’t restore your phone from a backup: Why you should start fresh. A new iPhone X, but really new. If you keep a phone around long enough, it becomes a vestige of an old version of yourself, or even many former versions of yourself. … The cloud makes it worse by making these files available even when we get a new phone.
How do I setup my iPhone as new?
To reset your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > General > Reset and then select Erase All Content and Settings. If you’ve got an iCloud backup set up, iOS will ask if you’d like to update it, so you don’t lose unsaved data.
What does finish setting up iPhone mean?
If you recently updated the software version on your iPhone or iPad, you may be receiving prompts from the Settings app to finish setting up your device. These alerts are usually the result of skipping steps during the iOS setup process, such as enabling Siri or setting up Apple Pay.
Can you restore from backup after setting up as new iPhone?
You’ll want to make sure you have enough iCloud storage to back up all your important data. When setting up your new iPhone, you can restore your iPhone from this backup once you’ve logged into your new device with your Apple ID. During the setup process on your new iPhone, you’ll be prompted to use Quick Start.
Can I set up iPhone as new and restore from iCloud later?
Your iPhone data can be restored from iCloud when setting up a new device, or after erasing all data from a device using Settings -> General -> Reset -> Erase All Content and Settings. You will be prompted by Setup Assistant by a new iPhone to set up as a new phone or restore from backup.
Should I wait for the iPhone 12?
Even if you’re not interested in having the newest iPhone, it’s still probably worth it to wait. … But, if your current iPhone is working well enough to get by for another month or so, your best bet is to wait until new devices debut this fall to upgrade.
How do I setup my new iPhone 7?
Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Turn on your device. …
- If you have another device on iOS 11 or later, use Quick Start. …
- Activate your device. …
- Set up Face ID or Touch ID and create a passcode. …
- Restore or transfer your information and data. …
- Sign in with your Apple ID. …
- Turn on automatic updates and set up other features. …
- Set up Siri and other services.
How do you activate a new phone?
Activate a new Android Smartphone
- Save contacts and content on your old phone using the Transfer Content info.
- Power both phones down. …
- If necessary, insert the SIM card into the new phone.
- If necessary; …
- Follow the on-screen Setup Wizard instructions to activate and set up your new phone.
How long does setting up your iPhone take?
around 30-45 minutes
What if you don’t want Apple pay on your phone?
If you don’t want to sign up for Apple Pay when you’re setting up a new device, just tap Set up Later in Settings when you get to that screen in the setup process. But if you’ve gotten the notification badge, here’s what you need to do to get rid of it. Open Settings on your iPhone or iPad. Tap Set Up Apple Pay.
How do I stop my Apple ID from being set up?
Question: Q: New iPhone is stuck on setting up Apple ID.
- Press and release the volume up button.
- Press and release the volume down button.
- Press and hold the side button.
- When the Apple logo appears, release the button.
Why won’t my new iPhone restore from backup?
If your iOS or iPadOS device can’t restore from a backup because the backup is corrupt or incompatible, make sure that your computer is updated. … If you still can’t restore the backup, you might not be able to use that backup. Try to use an alternate backup or an iCloud backup, or Contact Apple Support for more help.
How do I transfer everything from my old phone to my new phone?
How to back up data on your old Android phone
- Open Settings from the app drawer or home screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Go to the System menu. …
- Tap Backup.
- Make sure the toggle for Back up to Google Drive is set to On.
- Hit Back up now to sync the latest data on the phone with Google Drive.