How do I delete documents and data from iPhone?
To delete Safari documents and data:
- On your iPhone, tap Settings and go to General > iPhone Storage > Safari.
- Tap “Website Data”, then “Remove All Website Data”.
- To confirm the removal, tap “Remove Now”.
Why is documents and data so large on my iPhone?
When you check the storage on iPhone 6 or other iOS devices by going to “Settings > General > Storage > Manage Storage”, you may find some large apps. And if you continually tap into one of these apps, you may find the huge “Documents & Data” items are the culprits eating the limited room on your device.
Should I delete documents and data on iPhone?
Yes, but you might not want to. Deleting the entire app will delete all of that app’s data that isn’t stored separately on the cloud. In some cases, this will fit your purposes, but it’s also likely to result in irretrievably losing data.
What data is stored on iPhone?
Apps: Installed apps and their content, and content stored in “On My iPhone/iPad/iPod touch” directory in the Files app, and Safari downloads. Photos: Photos and videos stored in the Photos app. Media: Music, videos, podcasts, ringtones, artwork, and Voice Memos. Mail: Emails and their attachments.
Why is iPhone storage full when I have iCloud?
iCloud is a syncing/mirroring service that syncs all of your data across of your devices making them available to you. If your iPhone storage is full, you will have to remove data. You can also use the ‘Optimize Phone Storage’ feature to reduce the resolution/quality of the photos on the device.
Why is my other storage so high iPhone?
The “Other” category on your iPhone and iPad is basically where all of your caches, settings preferences, saved messages, voice memos, and… well, other data is stored. For the most part, it doesn’t mean anything, and if you have plenty of storage space on your iPhone or iPad, you don’t have to worry about it.
How do I view documents and data on iPhone?
Select an app, then view its Backup folder
Click Apps, then select the app whose files or data you want to view. You’ll see that for many apps the Documents folder shows a “Do Not Enter” icon; this means that these apps have not enabled file sharing.
How do I increase storage space on my iPhone?
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Manage Storage or iCloud Storage.
- Tap Buy More Storage or Change Storage Plan.
- Choose a plan.
- Tap Buy and follow the onscreen instructions.
How do I manage storage full on iPhone?
Is Your iPhone Storage Full? These 5 Easy Tips Can Help you Fix It!
- Clear out old photos and videos. …
- Delete unused apps. …
- Uninstall and reinstall storage hungry apps. …
- Delete old message threads. …
- Keep iTunes music and video to a minimum.
How do I clean out my iPhone?
How to Clean out Your iPhone
- Get rid of unwanted photos. For most of us, constantly snapping photos takes up most of our storage. …
- Reduce the space it takes to store photos and videos. …
- Offload unused apps. …
- Delete files in apps. …
- Delete old Messages.
How do I reduce the other data on my iPhone?
Open Settings > Safari and choose Clear History and Website Data. If you have a lot of Safari tabs open on your iPhone, you might want to close most of them, too. Clearing your Safari data might reduce the size of Other. You might also want to change Messages to save fewer old messages.
How do you tell how many GB your iPhone is without turning it on?
Method 1: iPhone settings menu
- STEP 1: Browse to SETTINGS > GENERAL > ABOUT.
- STEP 2: Scroll down to CAPACITY.
- STEP 1: Browse to SETTINGS > GENERAL > [DEVICE] STORAGE.
- STEP 2: Look toward the top right to find the available and total capacity (for example, 56 GB of 512 GB Used)
Is data stored on iPhone SIM card?
No data is stored on the sim card. Your contacts should be sync to iTunes with whatever program you choose. No data is stored on the sim card.