How do I put my iPhone 7 in DFU mode?
iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Connect the device to a computer using a USB cable.
- Hold down both the Side button and Volume Down button.
- After 8 seconds, release the Side button while continuing to hold down the Volume Down button. …
- Nothing will be displayed on the screen when the device is in DFU mode.
Does DFU mode erase iPhone?
Be aware, it can be risky to put your phone into DFU mode. It’s very possible you will erase some or all of your data or corrupt core system files. And if you use DFU mode to downgrade the iOS or to jailbreak, you’ll likely violate your device warranty.
How do I get my iPhone 7 out of recovery mode?
To exit recovery mode – simply hold down the sleep/wake and the volume-down buttons again, and keep holding until the screen turns black. You are performing a standard iPhone 7 reboot. The phone will turn back on and you’re good to go.
How do I factory reset my iPhone 7 without a computer?
Part 3: Hard reset iPhone without iTunes
- Firstly, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
- You can release both buttons after the Apple logo appears.
- Wait for a few seconds until your iPhone boots up and you will see the home screen.
Why won’t my iPhone 7 do a hard reset?
If you cant force restart your device (press and hold volume down and power buttons, for almost 10-20 seconds, untill the Apple Logo appears, then release the buttons), then you’d better have your device checked at the nearest Apple Store.
What is the DFU mode in iPhone?
DFU mode, on the other hand, restores an iPhone if a reset or standard Recovery Mode doesn’t solve the problem you’re experiencing. DFU mode lets the device interface with iTunes, update the firmware and restore the OS without automatically installing the last downloaded version.
How do you factory reset a locked iPhone?
To reset a device to default settings,turn the iPhone completely off. Next, open up iTunes on your computer and connect the USB cord to the computer but hold off on connecting the phone. Then press and hold the home button on your iPhone while simultaneously connecting the USB adapter to the phone.
Why is my iPhone 7 stuck recovery mode?
To force restart your iPhone 7, press and hold both the Power and Volume Down buttons for about 10 to 20 seconds. Let go of both buttons when you see the Apple logo. … If your iPhone 7 remains stuck on recovery mode after a forced restart, then your next option is to attempt to access your device through iTunes.
How do I factory reset my iPhone 7 with buttons?
Hold down the Volume Down button on the left side of the device and the Sleep/Wake button on the right side of the device at the same time. Now, hold the buttons for approximately 10 seconds until the screen goes dark and an Apple logo appears on the screen. Release the buttons and wait while you iPhone restarts.
How do I turn off my iPhone 7 without using the screen?
Long press and hold the “Sleep/Wake” button at the top of the iPhone device. At the same time, hold the “Home” button at the front of the iPhone while continuing to hold the Sleep/Wake button. Once the iPhone’s screen turns off, release the buttons to turn the iPhone off without screen.
How do I factory reset my iPhone 7 without iTunes?
Reset iPhone 7/7 Plus to factory settings without iTunes
- Open your iPhone, go to “Settings,” tap “General.”
- Scroll to the bottom and click “Reset,” then tap “Erase all Content and Settings.”
- Enter your passcode (if you have set one) and confirm your reset by tapping “Erase iPhone.” Wait patiently, when the process finished, your iPhone will be like new.
How do I reset my iPhone 7 without Apple ID password?
If you want to reset your iPhone without having to enter your Apple ID when your ‘Find My iPhone’ feature is also turned off, you can do so by entering the Recovery mode. This mode allows you to completely reset your iOS device without entering the Apple ID.