How do I free up documents and data on my iPhone?
How to Delete Documents & Data on iPhone, iPad
- Open the “Settings” app in iOS.
- Go to “General” and then go to “Storage & iCloud Usage”
- Go to “Manage Storage” under the ‘Storage’ section.
Why is documents and data so high on iPhone?
When you check the storage on iPhone 6 or other iOS devices by going to “Settings > General > Storage > Manage Storage”, you may find some large apps. And if you continually tap into one of these apps, you may find the huge “Documents & Data” items are the culprits eating the limited room on your device.
How do I clear data from my iPhone 5?
How to erase all data from your iPhone or iPad
- Launch the Settings app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Now tap on General.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Reset. …
- Choose Erase All Content and Settings.
- Tap on Erase Now.
- Enter your Passcode.
How do I transfer data from iPhone 5 to iPhone 5?
Transfer Data from Old iPhone to New iPhone with iCloud
- Back up the old iPhone manually with iCloud by opening “Settings, tap “iCloud”, navigate to bottom and tap on “Storage & Backup”, then tap “Back Up Now”
- Boot the iPhone 5 and walk through the easy setup, choose either “Restore from iCloud Backup”
Should I delete documents and data on iPhone?
Yes, but you might not want to. Deleting the entire app will delete all of that app’s data that isn’t stored separately on the cloud. In some cases, this will fit your purposes, but it’s also likely to result in irretrievably losing data.
Why is iPhone storage full when I have iCloud?
iCloud is a syncing/mirroring service that syncs all of your data across of your devices making them available to you. If your iPhone storage is full, you will have to remove data. You can also use the ‘Optimize Phone Storage’ feature to reduce the resolution/quality of the photos on the device.
How do I find my documents on my iPhone?
You can see your files on iCloud.com, in the Files app on iOS 11 and later, in the Pages, Numbers, and Keynote apps, or in the iCloud Drive app on iOS 10 and iOS 9. If you don’t see your files in any of those locations, set up iCloud Drive on all of your devices.
What is documents and data on my iPhone?
Document & Data on iPhone is including browser history, cookies, logs, caches of photos and videos, database files and more stored by your apps. You can’t delete them directly unless the app in Settings, General, Usage has an Edit option like Safari.
What is Safari documents and data on iPhone?
“Documents and Data” sounds a little more serious than what it actually is. In most cases, that is just app-specific settings, login details, preferences, cached files, and things like that. These files are not anything you’ve created or saved, but the files that the app uses and accumulates over time.
How do I clear a virus from my iPhone?
How To Remove a Virus from iPhone
- Restart your iPhone. One of the easiest ways to get rid of a virus is by restarting your device. …
- Clear your browsing data and history. …
- Restore your phone from a previous backup version. …
- Reset all content and settings.
How do I prepare my iPhone for trade in?
9 Things You Must Do Before You Sell, or Trade-in Your iPhone
- Unpair Apple Watch.
- Back up your iPhone.
- Sign out of iCloud and the iTunes & App Store.
- Turn off Find My iPhone.
- Deregister iMessage on your iPhone.
- Erase all your iPhone’s Data and Settings.
- Remove iPhone From Your Apple ID Account.
- Unlock your phone.
How do I transfer data from my old iPhone 5s to my new iPhone?
How to transfer your data to your new iPhone using iCloud
- Open Settings on your old iPhone.
- Tap the Apple ID banner.
- Tap iCloud. Source: iMore.
- Tap iCloud Backup.
- Tap Back Up Now. …
- Turn your old iPhone off once the backup is finished.
- Remove the SIM card from your old iPhone or if you’re going to move it to your new one.
How do I transfer everything from my old phone to my new phone?
How to back up data on your old Android phone
- Open Settings from the app drawer or home screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Go to the System menu. …
- Tap Backup.
- Make sure the toggle for Back up to Google Drive is set to On.
- Hit Back up now to sync the latest data on the phone with Google Drive.