How do I reduce the other storage on my iPhone?
Open Settings > Safari and choose Clear History and Website Data. If you have a lot of Safari tabs open on your iPhone, you might want to close most of them, too. Clearing your Safari data might reduce the size of Other. You might also want to change Messages to save fewer old messages.
How do I get rid of other storage on my phone?
How to free up storage space and clean ‘Other’ section in storage
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Scroll down and find the Storage option. …
- Under Storage, the UI may be different for different Android phone, but you can tap on any item to find more info about its content, and then can selectively delete stuff.
How do I clear storage on my iPhone?
Delete content manually
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > General > [device] Storage.
- Select any app to see how much space it uses.
- Tap Delete App. Some apps, such as Music and Videos, let you delete parts of their documents and data.
- Install the update again.
Why does other take up so much storage?
You have your apps (are the bread and butter of your phone), images and video, audio, cached data (temporary data from a website or app designed to make them load up faster) and the ‘other’ file. On iOS, you can see this anytime you connect your phone up to iTunes while Android users can see it in usage settings.
Why does my iPhone storage keep filling up?
My iPhone storage is almost full. One of the reasons behind your iPhone memory shrinkage (not an official term), aside from your music, photos and videos, is your cache. … It’s suggested by Apple, that iOS app developers build apps that have a self-cleaning function which clears your app cache every so often.
What should I delete when my phone storage is full?
On an Android phone, go to Settings > Applications > Manage My Applications, and click on the app you want to uninstall. Widgets and folders will also take up space on Android. Delete or deactivate any folders or widgets you aren’t using in “Manage My Applications.”
How do I increase storage space on my iPhone?
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Manage Storage or iCloud Storage.
- Tap Buy More Storage or Change Storage Plan.
- Choose a plan.
- Tap Buy and follow the onscreen instructions.