How do I reduce the other on my iPhone?
Open Settings > Safari and choose Clear History and Website Data. If you have a lot of Safari tabs open on your iPhone, you might want to close most of them, too. Clearing your Safari data might reduce the size of Other. You might also want to change Messages to save fewer old messages.
How do I get rid of other storage on my phone?
How to free up storage space and clean ‘Other’ section in storage
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Scroll down and find the Storage option. …
- Under Storage, the UI may be different for different Android phone, but you can tap on any item to find more info about its content, and then can selectively delete stuff.
Why do I have 5gb of other on my iPhone?
“Other” is basically the data that does not fit into any of the other categories that you see in iTunes in the capacity bar or the various sections of iTunes. … Your should backup your phone, restore it to factory settings using iTunes and then restore the backup. Many times that will clear it up.
What is other documents on iPhone?
Documents and Data is made up of cached files and cookies (such as log-in data and preferences) and downloaded files like images and videos. These files are created and stored in order for the app to perform more quickly and efficiently for you on repeat visits to the app.
How do I clear iPhone cache?
How to clear cache on iPhone & iPad
- Open Settings.
- Swipe down and tap Safari.
- Swipe down again and tap Clear History and Website Data, tap it once again to confirm.
24 мая 2018 г.
How do I clear system storage on my iPhone?
Data stored by other apps can be cleaned out using the Usage option in Settings.
- Tap Settings > General > iPhone Storage. …
- At the bottom of the screen (below recommendations for ways to save space) you’ll see your apps, arranged by the amount of storage they take up. …
- Check the figure for Documents & Data.
How do I clear other storage?
The same thing can be done on Android by going into Settings > Apps and the app in question. Tapping on Storage will open up options to clear cache or clear data entirely.
What is taking up so much space on my phone?
To find this, open the Settings screen and tap Storage. You can see how much space is used up by apps and their data, by pictures and videos, audio files, downloads, cached data, and miscellaneous other files. The thing is, it works a little bit differently depending on which version of Android you’re using.
Why does my iPhone storage keep filling up?
My iPhone storage is almost full. One of the reasons behind your iPhone memory shrinkage (not an official term), aside from your music, photos and videos, is your cache. … It’s suggested by Apple, that iOS app developers build apps that have a self-cleaning function which clears your app cache every so often.
How do I clear other data on Apple?
Update your device
- Back up your device with iCloud* or a computer.
- When the backup is complete, go to Settings > General > Reset. Then tap Erase All Content and Settings. …
- Follow the instructions on your screen to set up your device. …
- Wait for the restore process to finish.
What is other system data?
As you’d imagine, “Other” is a way of grouping together a huge number of files that don’t fit into any other category. It could be downloaded Netflix videos, caches from your web browser of choice, or simply a huge amount of messages with attachments.
How do I find the documents and data on my iPhone?
How to check how much Documents and Data an app has. To see which apps have the most Documents and Data, follow these steps: Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage. Scroll down to the list of apps.
What is documents and data in iPhone?
Documents and Data is the term used for a collection of data stored on your device by an app. This may not account for all of the data used by this app (for instance, some data may be stored on iCloud), but it will likely account for the largest amount of data stored on your phone by the app.