What can the Home app do?
The Google Home app helps you set up and control Google Nest, Google Home, and Chromecast devices. You can control thousands of compatible lights, cameras, speakers and more, all from a single app, as well as see your reminders and recent notifications.
What is the use of home app in iPhone?
– The Home app also offers easy setup, touch controls
Any manufacturer can implement HomeKit into their smart accessories. You can use the Home app for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch to set up all your HomeKit-enabled smart accessories, and then you can use Siri to ultimately control them via voice commands.
What devices work with Apple home?
The best HomeKit devices you can buy today
- Apple HomePod. Apple’s smart speaker lays a solid HomeKit foundation. …
- Apple TV 4K. The most integrated streaming device for HomeKit users. …
- WeMo Mini. …
- August Wi-Fi Smart Lock. …
- Sonos One. …
- Kwikset Premis. …
- Lutron Caseta Dimmer Switch Starter Kit. …
- Brilliant Smart Home Controller.
How do I set up Apple home?
Set up iPad as a home hub
- Tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud and make sure that you’re signed in to iCloud with the Apple ID that you used to set up your HomeKit accessories in the Home app.
- Scroll down and check that Home is turned on.
- Tap Settings > Home and turn on Use this iPad as a Home Hub.
Why do I need a home app?
The Google Home app is a starting place for things to watch and commands to issue for the Google Assistant. It’s one of the reasons that if you’re a cord cutter a true dashboard like Android TV is superior to a Chromecast, as you have to hunt and peck your way around your phone to find something to watch.
How can I see what devices are connected to my iPhone?
Sign in to your Apple ID account page,* then scroll to Devices. If you don’t see your devices right away, click View Details and answer your security questions. Click any device name to view that device’s information, such as the device model, serial number, and OS version.
Do I need home App on iPhone?
While you’re home, all you need is the Apple Home app to control your Bluetooth or Wi-Fi-enabled HomeKit-compatible smart devices. To turn those devices on or off in the app, you’ll simply tap on them.
What is TIPS App on iPhone?
iOS 8 beta 4, released earlier today, included a new app called Tips, which is designed to offer iOS 8 users information about all of the new features in the operating system. … There’s also a link to Apple’s iOS 8 website, and the app will send notifications to users when new tips are available.
Is there a home app for Apple TV?
Use the Home app to add and control every Apple TV, HomePod, and AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV and speaker that you have in your home — all in one place.
How do I add Nest to My Home app?
Enter the key in the Nest app:
- Open the Nest app and sign in to your account if prompted.
- From the home screen, tap the Settings .
- Tap Add product.
- Tap Continue without scanning and then select the type of. Nest thermostat you’re trying to add.
- Follow the Nest app’s instructions. When prompted, type in.
What is home data on iPhone?
Your home data includes the unique product key, product names, home name, rooms within the home, other HomeKit products, groups, scenes, other users, and automations. iDevices only has access to this limited amount of data that is approved through Apple’s privacy guidelines.
Can I use an iPhone as a HomeKit hub?
Your iPhone can control your HomeKit devices, activate scenes you’ve set up, control by the room, or even control your home from inside your wireless network. … If you need a home hub for HomeKit, the third-generation Apple TV is a good place to start.