What is a Web Inspector?
Web Inspector is an open source web development tool built into Safari that makes it easy to prototype, optimize, and debug your web content on iOS and OS X. Read this guide to get started using Web Inspector.
How do I use Web Inspector on iPhone?
To enable Web Inspector on iOS
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Safari.
- Scroll down and select Advanced.
- Switch Web Inspector to ON.
How does Web Inspector work?
The Web Inspector is a multi-tier application. It’s divided into 3 layers: a frontend, a backend and a target. This division detaches the inspector from the inspected browser. In other words, it’s possible to use the inspector to inspect a browser running in a remote device.
How do I use Safari Web Inspector?
MacOS: Enable Web Inspector In Safari
- Ensure that “Show Develop menu in menu bar” is enabled under “Safari” > “Preferences” > “Advanced“.
- Now visit any web page and select “Develop” > “Show Web Inspector“.
- The web inspector window will appear.
How can I open Web Inspector?
There are two main ways to open the Inspector:
- Choose Tools > Web Developer > Inspector from the Menu Bar or the equivalent keyboard shortcut.
- Right-click an element on a web page and select Inspect Element.
How do I open Web Inspector in Chrome?
To open Google Chrome Web Inspector you can do the following:
- From the Chrome menu: Select Chrome menu button at the top right corner. …
- Right click the element you want to inspect and select Inspect:
- Using hot keys: Ctrl+Shift+I (or Cmd+Opt+I on Mac). Alternatively, you may press F12 on your keyboard.
How do I debug iOS?
How to Debug on iPhone Safari
- Connect the iOS device to the machine.
- Enable the Web-Inspector option. To do so: Go to Settings > Safari > Scroll down to the bottom > Open Advanced Menu> Turn on Web Inspector.
- Now open the desired web page to debug or preview on your mobile Safari. Once done, enable the Develop menu on our Mac device.
How do I debug my iPhone?
What is WebKit used for?
WebKit is a browser engine developed by Apple and primarily used in its Safari web browser, as well as most of the iOS web browsers. WebKit is also used by the BlackBerry Browser, the Tizen mobile operating systems, and a browser included with the Amazon Kindle e-book reader.
How do I inspect Safari in Windows?
In your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences & then select the Advanced tab. You can also right-click and press “Inspect element”.
How do I debug Safari in Windows?
Ctrl + “,” to open Safari Preferences > Advanced > “Show Develop menu in menu bar. Close and press Alt to see result.
How do I inspect chrome on my iPhone?
Mobile site debugging using Google Chrome as an iPhone browser
- Open the site in Chrome.
- Open Developer Tools (Ctrl+Shift+I)
- Click the Settings cog in the bottom right.
- Select “Override User Agent” and select the desired OS from the list.
- Refresh the page.
21 мая 2012 г.
How do you inspect a page?
Remember how to open Inspect Element? Just right-click and click Inspect Inspect Element, or press Command+Option+i on your Mac or F12 on your PC. In the search field, you can type anything—ANYTHING—that you want to find on this web page, and it will appear in this pane.