What cool things can iPhone 7 do?
17 cool things you didn’t know your iPhone 7 could do
- The secret magnifying glass. …
- Voicemail transcription. …
- Change the brightness of the flashlight. …
- Edit live photos. …
- Close all tabs in Safari. …
- Ask Siri to take a selfie. …
- Doodle on your photos. …
- Handwritten texts.
How do I use my iPhone 7 for the first time?
16 Steps to Getting Your iPhone 7 Set up the Right Way
- Backup Your Old Phone. Before you do anything else, connect the phone you’re replacing to your PC and open iTunes. …
- Upgrade Your New Phone to iOS 10.0. …
- Restore Backup to Your New Phone. …
- Replace Your SIM Card. …
- Make Sure Your Phone is Activated. …
- Change the Name of Your New iPhone. …
- Hey Siri, it’s me. …
- Apple Pay.
What should I do with my brand new iPhone?
The first things you should do when you get a new iPhone
- Backup your old iPhone.
- Set up Touch ID or Face ID.
- Switch on accessibility features.
- Customise your Control Centre.
- Switch on & set up iCloud.
- Turn on Family Sharing.
- Download Google Maps.
- Get some cool apps!
How long will a new iPhone 7 last?
Originally Answered: How long will Apple support the iPhone 7 for? Software wise, probably another 5 years but it won’t stop working, you just can’t upgrade to IOS 16 (or whatever) but hardware support is free in store FOREVER.
Does iPhone 7 have face ID?
6. The iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus have Touch ID, which works faster and more reliably than Face ID on the iPhone X. The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus both have the Touch ID fingerprint sensor, which is used to unlock the phone and authenticate Apple Pay purchases. It’s also used to sign into some apps.
Can I shower with my iPhone 7?
One of the benefits of the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus is the first Apple mobile device that’s water resistant. This means the iPhone can survive mishaps such as a spilled drink or getting stuck in a rain storm. It also means you can bring your iPhone in the shower.
Is the iPhone 7 still a good phone?
The answer: Yes!
At almost a third of the price of the 8 series, the iPhone 7 is a great smartphone and offers real value for money. If you always want to have the newest and best smartphone, the iPhone 7 may not be for you.
How do I set up a brand new iPhone 7?
Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Turn on your device. …
- If you have another device on iOS 11 or later, use Quick Start. …
- Activate your device. …
- Set up Face ID or Touch ID and create a passcode. …
- Restore or transfer your information and data. …
- Sign in with your Apple ID. …
- Turn on automatic updates and set up other features. …
- Set up Siri and other services.
How do I activate an old SIM card in an iPhone 7?
Wait for the backup to complete before proceeding.
- Put your SIM card into your new iPhone. …
- Turn on your new iPhone.
- Plug your new iPhone into your Mac or Windows PC.
- Slide to set up on your iPhone.
- Follow the directions to choose your language and set up your Wi-Fi network.
- Select Restore from iTunes backup.
What should I do when I get a new phone?
Top 9 things to do after setting up your Android phone
- Check your Do Not Disturb rules.
- Set your default apps.
- Apply a new system theme.
- Check out your new phone’s gesture shortcuts and navigation options.
- Retrain Google Assistant’s Voice Match and turn on OK Google to wake/unlock.
- Turn on automatic backups for Google Photos.
- Purge your app list.
- Set up your new home screen.
Do I really need a new iPhone?
New iPhones are likely to be revealed Sept. … But if you’re like many who have sat out the last few editions of the iPhone, you’ll be in good company. You don’t need the newest because your phone still works. The reason iPhone sales have fallen – down 15% for 2019, projects CFRA Research – is because they’re too good.
What should I do with my old iPhone before trading in?
What to expect: Our Apple iPhone Trade-in Guide explains the steps you need to follow before trading in your iPhone:
- Determine if your device is eligible.
- Unpair your Apple Watch.
- Back up your iPhone.
- Sign out of iCloud, iTunes and App Store.
- Erase all your content and settings.
- Trade your iPhone into a certified Apple Store.
Is it worth getting an iPhone 7 in 2020?
Best answer: Apple doesn’t sell the iPhone 7 anymore, and although you may be able to find one used or through a carrier, it’s not worth buying right now. If you’re looking for a cheap phone, the iPhone 8 is sold by Apple, and it’s very similar to the iPhone 7.
Why is the iPhone 7 battery so bad?
The battery-draining culprit that perhaps bears the most responsibility is a new feature called Background App Refresh, whose default is set to “on” in iOS 7. It lets apps run in the background while you multitask and continually refreshes content when running on Wi-Fi or a cellular network.