What should I do with my brand new iPhone?
The first things you should do when you get a new iPhone
- Backup your old iPhone.
- Set up Touch ID or Face ID.
- Switch on accessibility features.
- Customise your Control Centre.
- Switch on & set up iCloud.
- Turn on Family Sharing.
- Download Google Maps.
- Get some cool apps!
How do I transfer everything to my new iPhone?
How to transfer your data to your new iPhone using iCloud
- Open Settings on your old iPhone.
- Tap the Apple ID banner.
- Tap iCloud. Source: iMore.
- Tap iCloud Backup.
- Tap Back Up Now. …
- Turn your old iPhone off once the backup is finished.
- Remove the SIM card from your old iPhone or if you’re going to move it to your new one.
What should I do with my old iPhone before I get a new one?
What to expect: Our Apple iPhone Trade-in Guide explains the steps you need to follow before trading in your iPhone:
- Determine if your device is eligible.
- Unpair your Apple Watch.
- Back up your iPhone.
- Sign out of iCloud, iTunes and App Store.
- Erase all your content and settings.
- Trade your iPhone into a certified Apple Store.
Should I set up new iPhone or restore from backup?
Don’t restore your phone from a backup: Why you should start fresh. A new iPhone X, but really new. If you keep a phone around long enough, it becomes a vestige of an old version of yourself, or even many former versions of yourself. … The cloud makes it worse by making these files available even when we get a new phone.
What should I do when I get a new phone?
Top 9 things to do after setting up your Android phone
- Check your Do Not Disturb rules.
- Set your default apps.
- Apply a new system theme.
- Check out your new phone’s gesture shortcuts and navigation options.
- Retrain Google Assistant’s Voice Match and turn on OK Google to wake/unlock.
- Turn on automatic backups for Google Photos.
- Purge your app list.
- Set up your new home screen.
How do I transfer everything from my old phone to my new phone?
How to back up data on your old Android phone
- Open Settings from the app drawer or home screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Go to the System menu. …
- Tap Backup.
- Make sure the toggle for Back up to Google Drive is set to On.
- Hit Back up now to sync the latest data on the phone with Google Drive.
How do I transfer contacts to new iPhone?
Go to Settings > Tap on your Apple ID’s profile part > Click iCloud > Select Contacts > Tap on it to turn it on. Select Merge when it says, “What would you like to do with existing local contacts on your iPhone”. Wait for the contacts on old iPhone syncing to new iPhone.
Is it bad to charge iPhone 11 overnight?
Charge it overnight is fine. You don’t have to let the battery drain to 0%. iPhone circuitry and software optimize battery charging. Lithium Ion batteries do not have memory issue.
Should I charge my iPhone 11 every night?
You can charge when it’s at 40% and disconnect when it reaches 80%, or any other values, without hurting the phone. … The Best Practice, however, is to charge the phone overnight, every night. As it stops automatically at 100% you can’t overcharge it doing this. You thus start the day with a fully charged phone.
Do I really need a new iPhone?
New iPhones are likely to be revealed Sept. … But if you’re like many who have sat out the last few editions of the iPhone, you’ll be in good company. You don’t need the newest because your phone still works. The reason iPhone sales have fallen – down 15% for 2019, projects CFRA Research – is because they’re too good.
Will erasing my old iPhone affect my new one?
Erasing the old device will not affect the new one. That is necessary for you to be able to wipe the device.
How do I prepare my iPhone for trade in?
9 Things You Must Do Before You Sell, or Trade-in Your iPhone
- Unpair Apple Watch.
- Back up your iPhone.
- Sign out of iCloud and the iTunes & App Store.
- Turn off Find My iPhone.
- Deregister iMessage on your iPhone.
- Erase all your iPhone’s Data and Settings.
- Remove iPhone From Your Apple ID Account.
- Unlock your phone.