Can I throw away my old iPhone?
Because iPhone contains electronic components and a battery, iPhone must be disposed of separately from household waste. When iPhone reaches its end of life, contact local authorities to learn about disposal and recycling options, or simply drop it off at your local Apple retail store or return it to Apple.
Can I still use my old iPhone after upgrade?
Even without service, and the SIM removed, an old iPhone can still be used to make a call to emergency responders. This is good, as any device with a charge can summon help in an emergency, but bad if you hand it to a child to use as an iPod touch.
How do I temporarily use my old iPhone?
YOu would need to get a new sim card for your old phone and have it activated by your phone carrier, then when your replacement phone comes back you wil need to deactivate the old phone and activate new phone, which is all done by your phone carrier.
Does Apple take back old phones?
Apple to Lure Android Users to iPhone With New Trade-In Program. … The gift cards will be available under a new recycling and trade-in program that will provide in-store credit for users who trade in old smartphones, including those that come from rival smartphone manufacturers.17 мая 2019 г.
Does erase iPhone delete everything?
When you tap Erase All Content and Settings, it completely erases your device, including any credit or debit cards you added for Apple Pay and any photos, contacts, music, or apps. It will also turn off iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, Game Center, and other services.
Do you have to turn in your old phone when you upgrade?
You basically have two options when it comes to your old phone: you keep it or you ditch it. That’s the basis of it, anyway. If you decide to keep your device, then you at least have a back-up plan in the case that something happens to your new phone.
What do you do with old phone after transfer?
Android to Android
- Make sure both phones are charged and are connected to Wi-Fi.
- On the old phone, go to Settings and sign into your Google Account if you are not already logged in. …
- In Settings, tap Accounts & sync, turn on Auto-sync data if it is off.
- Go back to Settings.
- Tap Backup and reset.
- Ensure Backup my data is on.
Why does my old iPhone still ring?
Settings-wise, the reason the phones actually ring together is due to a new feature FaceTime called iPhone Cellular Calls, but the underlying cause is more relevant, and that is the sharing of a single iCloud and/or Apple ID.
How do I set up a replacement iPhone?
Activate a new iPhone
- Save contacts and content on your old phone using the Transfer Content info. …
- Power both phones down. …
- If necessary, insert the SIM card into the new phone.
- Turn the new phone on then follow the on-screen Setup Wizard instructions to activate and set up your new phone.
Can I get a loaner phone from Apple?
Answer: A: Answer: A: Apple can issue a loaner phone if repair of the unit requires it be sent off site. … If you bring your iPhone to an Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider, we’ll try to fix it during your appointment.
How do I setup a loaner on my iPhone?
How to set up a replacement iPhone
- If you iPhone has newer versions of apps (or new apps), transfer them to iTunes. Start by backing up your iPhone to your Mac via iTunes. …
- Pull needed docs from the current phone for transfer to the loaner. …
- Create a new iTunes library. …
- Copy those apps you absolutely need on the loaner phone to your new iTunes library.
What does Apple do with old phones?
Trade in your eligible device for credit toward your next purchase, or get an Apple Gift Card you can use anytime. If your device isn’t eligible for credit, we’ll recycle it for free. No matter the model or condition, we can turn it into something good for you and good for the planet.
How do I claim my $25 from Apple?
How to Claim Your $25 from the iPhone Batterygate Settlement
- From the settlement page, click Claim Form Online.
- Find your iPhone’s serial number under Settings > General > About > Serial Number.
- If you no longer have your phone or can’t find your serial number, you can look it up by entering your Apple ID, the device type, and your name and address.