How do I transfer my AT&T service to my new iPhone?
- Go to att.com/activations.
- Select your Activate Your AT&T Wireless Phone.
- Enter the Wireless number and Billing or shipping ZIP code of the phone you’re activating.
- Select Continue, confirm the IMEI and ICCID/SIM numbers, and follow the prompts and instructions to complete your device activation.
How do you activate your new iPhone?
Activate a new iPhone
To properly activate the new device on the network, ensure both phones are powered down. If necessary, insert the SIM card into the new phone. Turn the new phone on then follow the on-screen Setup Wizard instructions to activate and set up your new phone.
Do you have to go to AT&T to activate iPhone?
A SIM card purchased from AT&T should arrive pre-activated; you can test it by trying to make a phone call or using Safari to browse the web. If you’re transferring a number from another carrier, you may need to call AT&T’s phone activation line at 1-866-895-1099 and follow audio prompts there.
Can you just swap SIM cards on AT&T phones?
If you have two AT&T phones, or two T-Mobile phones, you can transfer wireless service between them by moving the SIM card from one device to the other. You don’t have to take your phone to a retail store, or otherwise get any special permission to switch.
How do I transfer everything from my old iPhone to my new iPhone?
How to transfer data to a new iPhone
- Step 1: Enable iCloud on your old iPhone. On your old iPhone, open the Settings app and make sure you’re signed in with your Apple ID/iCloud account and you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network. …
- Step 2: Enable iCloud on your new iPhone and sync data. …
- Step 3: Download purchased apps.
How do I activate iMessage on my new iPhone?
How to enable iMessage on iPhone
- In Settings, scroll until you find “Messages” and tap. In Settings, find Messages. …
- At the top of the screen, find iMessage. At the top, find the iMessage toggle. …
- If the slider on the right is green, iMessage is already enabled. If not, tap the slider to enable iMessage.
What do you do when your iPhone won t activate?
Reasons why you can’t activate your iPhone
- Activation Lock is set. …
- Your carrier may be experiencing issues. …
- The activation server may be unavailable. …
- Your SIM card might not be supported. …
- Activation couldn’t be completed. …
- Check that there is a SIM card in your iPhone. …
- Wait a while. …
- Remove the SIM and re-insert it.
How long does it take to activate iPhone AT&T?
If you have already accepted Terms and Conditions, AT&T may activate for you within 7 days of shipment. 3. Turn your new device on and follow the setup prompts.
How do I activate my new SIM card?
Activate your new SIM online. Put your new SIM into your device and switch it on – if you need help, find out how to insert a SIM. Wait for your phone to show it has signal and the Vodafone symbol – this can take up to 24 hours, but it’s usually much quicker.
How do I know if my SIM card has been activated?
To check if your SIM has already been activated, insert it into your device and turn the device off and back on again. You will see “Optus” next to the coverage bars once the SIM is active. Remember to restart your device regularly to check if activation has been completed.
What happens if you take out your SIM card and put it in another phone?
You can take the SIM card out, put it into another phone, and if someone calls your number, the new phone will ring. … If the SIM card and phone serial number don’t match, the phone simply won’t work. The SIM card won’t work in other phones, and the phone won’t work with other SIM cards.
Can you switch your SIM card back and forth between phones?
With unlocked phones, you can always switch your phone service between different phones as easily as popping out the SIM card and moving it. … In contrast, only SIM cards from a specific cell phone company will work in its locked phones.